Sunday, February 5, 2012

My Mom's Quilt

I've been wanting to make my mom a quilt for a long time now.  I finally found the perfect pattern. Here china dish pattern is a pretty blue.  She has them displayed in her living room and I wanted the quilt to match that.  So I started collecting blue fabric that spoke to me as "her".

Here is an "in progress" picture; the blocks all layed out in my living room waiting to be sewn together.

And here is the quilt completed.  I think it turned out so pretty.  I gave it to her for Christmas.  She cried :). I'm so glad she liked  it!


I hand quilted the entire thing.  That was a huge job.  I can't believe how long that took me.  Here is a blurry, up close picture of the hand quilting.  Not too bad for my second try at it :).

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Jill that is so awesome..good job and I bet your mom just loves it.. julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill,

    Just stunning! I love it! Your mom is so lucky! (In many ways, of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one has got to be my most favorite! It stops me every time and I just have to stare at it for awhile before moving on. :)

    ReplyDelete