Friday, June 24, 2011

Ohio State Quilt

My really good friend Kristen was due to have a baby in February (although he was born in January) and I told her I wanted to make her a quilt for her new little bundle.  They are HUGE Ohio State fans; so when I asked them what kind of quilt they would like, they sent me a picture of a couple quilts that they liked and the different things they liked about each quilt.  I designed a quilt based on what they wanted, and got to work.  I ended up binding it in the hospital when Matthew was there for surgery, and getting it in the mail just in time for the new little bundle to arrive home.  Kristen kindly took some pictures for me (LOVE her photography skills) and emailed them to me.  This quilt was the hardest thing I'd made, up to this point.  I would love to make this again, as after I made it, I figured out different easier ways to make this quilt so that the squares would line up better, and the applique would look more professional. My 1/4" seam has also gotten more accurate since then.  But, it was a labor of love, and by golly, I hope it holds up :)







Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Would you share your pattern for the OSU quilt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I am no longer able to provide this pattern via email. My life has gotten very busy and I simply don't have time to respond to each email I get ( there are a lot of you osu fans out there!!!). The basics of this quilt is that it is a double Irish chain quilt, google that pattern, and there are lots of free patterns and tutorials that will tell you how to make it.m then use some simple applique skills to place your " O's" and put borders on it. Voila. OSU quilt. Make it as big or small as you want :)

      Delete
  2. Still love that quilt the best! Thank you, thank you, thank you for it!

    ReplyDelete